Are you craving a refreshing blueberry smoothie? Looking for a quick and easy recipe with ingredients you might have on hand? You’re in luck! Below you’ll find a simple blueberry smoothie recipe you can make today. Keep reading.
Ingredients for a Refreshing Blueberry Smoothie
- 1-2 cups of frozen or fresh blueberries (for a creamy smooth texture: use frozen blueberries)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt or plain greek yogurt
- 1 spoonful of peanut butter, almond butter or another nut butter
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- your choice of dairy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk
- rolled oats – for a more filling smoothie with a subtle texture
- vanilla extract – for a blueberry pie taste
- protein powder – for additional protein.
- We recommend using a protein powder with a subtle flavor such as vanilla.
- kale or spinach – for added nutritional benefits
Smoothie Making Instructions
- Add all of your dry ingredients to a blender
- Add your choice of milk
- Puree until smooth
- Pour in your favorite glass and enjoy!
A Yummy Serving Suggestion
Use this recipe to create a breakfast blueberry smoothie bowl. Add additional frozen blueberries, chia seeds, and ice cubes to make a thicker smoothie. Pour your delicious creation into a bowl and add your favorite toppings! We recommend adding fresh blueberries, strawberries, banana slices, granola, or grated ginger for a tasty experience.
Storing A Blueberry Smoothie 101
If you happen to have leftovers from your delicious smoothies, you can store them. To store a blueberry smoothie temporarily, simply cover and refrigerate the leftovers. Enjoy your smoothie within 1-2 days of creating it.
To store your smoothie for a longer period of time, consider freezing it. A blueberry smoothie can last up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container!
Pastries to Serve With A Blueberry Smoothie
- blueberry muffins – for an explosive blueberry feast
- sugar cookies – for a light and sweet treat
- lemon scone – for a tangy-sweet yet slightly contrasting taste
Tools Best Suited for Making Blueberry Smoothies
- A blender – traditional blenders, personal blenders, or hand-mixers will work
- A glass cup or mason jar – to pour your smoothie into
- A stainless steel straw – for a refreshing taste and less waste